Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I don’t hold back in my old(er) age…

We had a three inch snowfall overnight in Heavensville, but hubby and I were out and about early this morning,  the cleaning lady came, and we always leave the house.

So we’re going to breakfast, it’s about 9am, snowing like crazy, the wind is howling, the roads were gawdawful, it was really slick,  and on a busy four lane street, there stood this poor kid in a statue of liberty outfit with a card that read Liberty Tax Service, standing right next to the road in the midst of all that snow and ice.

OMG, it was totally, unbelievably dangerous for him to be there, someone could have easily slid into him.

So, being the in your face old broad that I am, I call up the tax service, all the while hubby is saying, “Jan, be nice.”

Some lady answers, and I say to her, “do you have a guy advertising your business standing by the side of the road?”  “Yes, she answers, somewhat apprehensively.”

Boy, did I let her have it, telling her that it it was totally irresponsible of her company to expect someone to stand next to an icy road, that he could be killed, and that furthermore,  that kind of recklessness certainly wouldn’t encourage people to file taxes with their company.  I said “you should be ashamed of yourself making him stand out there in that snowstorm.”  And then I promptly hung up the phone because I had no desire to listen to her rebuttal.

There was simply no excuse for that.  Hubby kind of rolled his eyes, not really surprised at my actions though, after all we’ve been married almost forty years now.  But I did my good deed for the day and felt better for it.  I wonder if they left him there in the snow?  I hope not.   People just don’t have a brain!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena