Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cyndi’s Catalog of Garden Catalogs

It’s a typical winter day in Heavensville.  Snow on the ground, grey skies, the temperature below freezing, and here I sit, dreaming of springtime.  I’m tucked in by the fire with a cup of coffee, dogs by my side, ordering gardening catalogs.

Is it really still January?  Two more months until the greening even begins?  Jan, quit yer b*tchin’ and get on with it!!!  Egads, wishing away the winter months is a silly thing to do.

Anyhoo, I found this really comprehensive list from a lady named Cyndi, who must have had a lot of time on her hands ;o)  If you’re so inclined, browse her site, link to the catalogs that interest you and order up a batch.  She did a great job getting this all together.

And my personal favorites?  The first is Shepherd’s Seed Catalog, I ordered from them back in the 80’s when I tried, unsuccessfully I might add, to grow some heirloom veggies from seed.  These days I just look for the Heirloom tags on the plants at my produce stand, much easier.  Renee Shepherd is a fascinating woman, I’m always impressed with women who work with their hands and are passionate about what they do.

My other favorite is The Cooks Garden.  It’s a wonderful site, I think you will enjoy it a lot. 

Here’s Cindi’s site and her complete list of all of the online catalogs, if you like to garden, you will enjoy this, pinkie swear you will.

~ jan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena