Sunday, November 21, 2010

Women of a certain age should NEVER wear ribbed sweaters...

Yes,  I'm guilty of wearing them, in fact I just bought another one last week,  but when I'm in the dressing room, and look at myself with one on, it's really pathetic.  Even though they're vertical ribs, all those ribs do is to manage somehow to lay in every fat roll in my midsection.  Cmon' ladies, let's be honest here, we all have the dreaded rolls, even if we pretend we don't,  we all have them!

We've borne babies, lived life, eaten out way too much and exercised way too little. And when we're in that dressing room, we curse every piece of chocolate, every Frito, every pint of Ben & Jerry's, yes the entire pint, every piece of pie and cake, not to mention cookies, oh and nuts, can't forget the nuts,  that's ever passed our lips!  But those dressing rooms and their glaring lighting make it even worse, but that's a whole other blog post.

But back to my rant.  A lot of us are post menopausal now and all that adds up to a sagging mid section, which those darned ribbed sweaters accentuate, even with a body shaper.  So why did I even buy yet another one?  Dunno, brain fart, I guess.  So I'll just cover it up with a wrap from Omar the Tent Maker, that will work.  Um hmm, sure thing, Jan.  Sure it will....

2 comments:

  1. am cracking up over the "Omar the tent maker" remark!

    I was going to suggest a body shaper? Surely that will do the trick.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    Visiting from An Authentic Life, your fellow Blogher.com sister.

    KT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own a ribbed sweater and never ever will again. Yes, I DO have fat rolls, and I can not wear them. I love the ice cream way too much!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena