Friday, November 12, 2010

Marie Osmond talking about her son’s death on Oprah…

marieoprahx-large

If you missed seeing Marie Osmond on Oprah yesterday, you  missed the most moving, tragic, heartfelt television show I’ve ever seen.  She was talking about the death of her son, she was so honest and open and she’s  still so brokenhearted, it was really difficult to watch her talk about this and experience her pain, but it was so touching that she would open up and talk so honestly about this.  I hope that it was a healing experience for her.

I’ve been a fan of hers, always.  In the early 90’s, we were at the annual Toy Show in New York, it’s a big deal, all of big guns are there.  We had a booth just a few aisles away from the booth that was selling Marie’s dolls.  And one afternoon she came and worked in her booth, meeting people, talking about her dolls.  I stood in front of her booth and watched her all afternoon, so close to her that I could almost reach out and touch her.

She looked beautiful that day, I’ll never forget what she was wearing.  A  brown velvet blazer, a long brown paisley skirt and tall brown suede boots.  She was gracious and kind to all of the people, and her trademark laugh just rang through the building.

I’m including a link to parts of this show from Oprah’s site in case you missed it.  I had no idea that the quality of her voice was so good that she could sing opera flawlessly, but you will see what I mean when you hear her sing “Pie Jesu.”  And if you scroll down there are several video clips from the show that you can watch.

It was truly a once in a lifetime experience, by far the best hour I’ve ever spent watching Oprah.

Here’s the link>>>

I wish they had included more of the interview, so I went to YouTube and sure enough, there is lots more on their site than on the Oprah link.

Here’s the YouTube link>>>

If you watch this, ladies, get out your kleenex, this will tug at every mother’s heartstrings.

Call your children today, hug them if you can and tell them how much you love them.  Keep them close to your heart and be so grateful that you have them, I know I am.

~ jan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena