Saturday, June 12, 2010

IMG_7542

Today I made Carlene’s Ginger Beer.  I made it just like her recipe, right down to the wheel of lime and the spearmint.  I filled my glass 1/4 full of the Ginger Beer, then topped it off with ice and Crystal Light Peach Tea.  And the result – to die for!!! OMG, is this ever good.

Yes, I put it in a Coke glass.  And yes, I have much cuter glasses than this, but I wasn’t trying to stage it, just drink it.  And I know the glass isn’t full, I drank some of it already.  And no, that’s not really vodka sitting next to it, that’s just a bottle I found on a shelf in the garage, I filled it with the Ginger Beer Concentrate.  However, C does love a jigger or two in her glass.  And yes, that’s The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder you see in the background, and yes, it’s a hysterically good read.  Geezy Pete, now that I have that all cleared up, the recipe is on Jan Can Cook – it’s a goodie, ladies.  Really refreshing on a hot day, too.

I also made her Tropical Banana bread, more about that later…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena