Thursday, April 1, 2010

This really made me sad…

IMG_2264_crI'm not one to live in the past, I'm pretty upbeat most of the time, and move forward with my life without a lot of hassles.

In the video I posted yesterday, the lady was talking about grieving for what you used to be, and wouldn't you know, something happened just after I watched that video that gave me a total reality check!

I haven't had hair long enough to pull back for years, but it is now, and I was working in the garden and needed a clip to hold it back. I told hubby that I had saved all my hair stuff, it was on the top shelf of my closet. Of course he had to go through every single box, I thought they weren't there, but tucked into the corner were three Victoria Secret boxes stacked on top of each other, I opened them,   and there they were, all the cute hair "thingies" that I used to wear.  Here is one of the boxes, they were all filled with things I had long forgotten.

It was a sudden rush of memories, to those so called glory years that we’ve all had, and will never have again. All the cute hair stuff that I had then, but could never wear now. Well, first of all nobody wears any kind of scrungie anymore, but even if they did, a sixty year old woman would look pretty silly in most of this stuff. Can’t you just see me in a leather barrette or a leopard scrungie?

I think I have a few boxes of my clothes from my past stored away, but you can darn betcha I'm not going to be looking in those boxes any time soon. I could have just sat and cried! Don't know why it hit me like that, I guess it was that woman talking about grieving for the past. I don't care what anybody says, how enriched our lives are now that we're older, how much smarter we are, blah, blah, blah - looking in the mirror and getting older is a real bitch!

1 comments:

  1. Geez!!!! Must be the time of year. I'm going through ALL my old jewelry--the trashy, flashy and the good stuff. Each peice is a memory. From what was I thinking?---to I remember when this was the best I could do in the early years. Old earrings with the "gold" worn off and a set of red, white and blue plastic bangles. Kinda fun but I agree with you there is a sadness attached as well---
    M

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena