Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A snow day project

When we moved to the condo, I bought this rooster upholstery fabric.  It’s been sitting on a spool in the closet for six years now.  Yesterday it was snowing and cold, so we dragged the fabric out of the closet and reupholstered the dining room chairs.

I sat in the floor to cut the fabric, LC grabbed the scissors, and he was going to just whack it.  All of a sudden, everything my mother ever taught me about sewing came roaring to life, and I grabbed those scisssors and said, nooooooooo you can’t do it that way!

I snatched those scissors out of his hands,  centered the rooster, checked the repeat on the pattern, used a straight edge to cut the fabric, it was like ma was right there, guiding me every step of the way.  Mother was a wonderful seamstress, she taught me to sew as a child, but I’ve never enjoyed it.

So that was our morning, snowy weather, classical music playing, the dogs, watching, I cut, he stapled, and now I have a new look in the dining room.  He did a great job, it was a nice way to spend our time, since we were housebound.

The french pig is new, and wonderful. I love french pigs, have several of them, but this is by far the best. Just had to show you how cute he looks up close and personal.  And yeah, the valentines theme is gone  , I was weary of it…

pig

1 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm very impressed - my mother, my grandmothers...all great seamstresses. I inherited none of it!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena