Monday, February 8, 2010

Diner coffee mugs

diner
If you’re of a certain age, you remember these diner coffee mugs.  I have several in my cabinet, I’ve gotten them on eBay thru the years, some of them have a Steak ‘n Shake logo on them, others are from the Original Pantry Cafe in Los Angeles, always a must go to hole-in-the-wall when we visited California.
I never used them that much, instead using my oversized Starbucks Mugs, or my favorite Rain Forest Cafe mug for my morning cuppa, because they were bigger and held more coffee.  I’m such a greedy be-otch, always going for the quantity instead of the quality.

But a few weeks ago, on a whim, I pulled one of these old mugs out of the cabinet, and fell in love.  I had forgotten the substance of them, they are heavy, and so thick that the coffee stays hot til’ the bottom of the mug.  It’s not that much of a hassle to refill them, I wish I would have discovered this long ago.

The older I get, the more nostalgic I am, I seem to be on a quest, going back in time, rediscovering things from my childhood.  Next I guess I’ll be playing with my Terri Lee doll. NO, remember, that’s the only thing my mother ever got rid of was that doll!!!

Maybe I’ll cough up the big bucks and buy one for Abby someday.  Then I can play with hers, and we can have a tea party, and drink tea out of these mugs, instead of china cups, and I’ll tell her boring stories of what life was like when Grammie was a little girl…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena