Tuesday, December 8, 2009

As The World Turns is biting the dust…

I just read tonight that CBS is cancelling As The World Turns.  And Bonnie Hunt is getting cancelled, too.  Is The Young and the Restless next?

I still have fond memories of Carol Burnett parodying, “As The Stomach Churns.”   No more sitting around Emma’s farmhouse table, no hospital talk with Bob and Kim, all the familiar faces will be gone, soon.

I don’t like all these changes.  I want things to stay the same, and they never do.

It’s kind of sad, even though I seldom watch it anymore.  The end of an era.  But they had a great run, I believe I read 76 years, starting on the radio and then going on to television.

I can remember watching it in black and white when I was a little girl.  I used to be a sucker for the soaps, but that was before the computer, I seldom watch anything anymore….  I guess even I am changing with the times.

1 comments:

  1. Jan~ yes! I can't believe they're going to axe ATWT! My mom has watched it since the day it started and I watched it with her since I was little!I think it started on tv in 1956. I haven't watched it all these years, but I started watching it again this last year and i think I enjoy it the most out of all the other soaps I watch (my mom and I both dvr them) and I can't believe they're going to get rid of all those people! Oh gosh..no more Henry and Vienna, or Paul and whoever (Emily at the moment), or Craig and Carly (or Roseanne), I'm so sad.....I agree, things need to stop changing so much.
    I love the computer too, but there's something to be said for a show that's connected generations....on the other hand, I remember when Lisa (now Grimaldi) was the hotsie totsie in Oakdale, LOL.Sigh.....I'm starting to feel old!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena