Sunday, November 22, 2009

It’s finally out of the oven…

Okay, here’s the scoop.  I used a 9” springform pan, instead of a 12” because I like a thick, dense cheesecake.  Well this puppy just wouldn’t get done.  I cooked it an extra 50 minutes, no that’s not a typo, 50 minutes longer than recipe called for, and it’s still pretty jiggly.  It was so thick, no wonder it took forever, but it seems like I’ve messed with it all day!

However, it smells awesome, and I think it will be great when it cools.  I did tent it for the last 15 minutes loosely with foil, because it was starting to brown.  And yep, it cracked, but I think it will be a goodie.  I’ll let you know the results when we cut into it at Ryans…

Oh, one other note, if you’re not a cheesecake baker, always take a piece of foil, I usually double it, even with heavy duty foil, and set the springform pan on it, then mold it around the outer sides of the pan.  If you don’t, the butter from the cheesecake will leak out in the bottom of your oven and you will have a mess!

If you’re confused about how long to bake it – when it is set all around the edges, and a good way into the middle, it’s done.  I never cook cheesecakes that come clean with a toothpick in the middle.  I would rather undercook it just a bit then have it dry.

~ jan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena