Sunday, November 22, 2009

I’m not running the show this year…

We’re going to Ryan and Lindsay’s this year for turkey day.  We went last year as well.  Before that I made Thanksgiving dinner every year since LC and I have been married, well except for one year when we went out, and John threw such a hissy because he hated the food and didn’t have leftovers that I never tried that again.  I was an only child, so was hubby, no siblings to trade off holidays with, it was all up to me. 

Well, girlfriends, the times they are a changin’ and I couldn’t be happier.  I’m tired of cooking all that food!  Oh, I’ll still be in the kitchen working alongside the family, but if I want to take time out and rock sweet bebe Abby, I can…

Ryan has a big kitchen with a big working center island, it’s so much easier this way. 

And today, I’m making the pumpkin cheesecake.  I decided to make the one from Susan Branch, here’s the click again in case you missed it when I posted it a few days ago.  That’s the good thing about cheesecake, it’s better after it ages for a few days. I’m also making another batch of caramel corn, the family can’t seem to get enough of it this year.  I made a batch last week when Charlie and Nish were here, he loved it, so she made it yesterday. Yeah, here’s the link for it, I know you want to look at it, too.

We’re also going to try the pumpkin streusel rolls for Thanksgiving morning.  Carlene sent me this recipe last week, and I was intrigued, as our family loves cinnamon rolls, it will be interesting to see how these turn out.  It’s a recipe from Cooking Light, only 214 calories per bun and rave reviews.  Here’s your click….

Okay, I’m outta here, I got work to do girlies…

1 comments:

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena