Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hey Aldi snobs, you’re missing out….

I know some of you think Aldi’s food is “inferior” and I have to laugh, because at one time I thought the same thing.

But, oh are you wrong if you think that way.  I tried their Kona Coffee today, $3.99 for a 12 ounce bag, and omg, it was an awesome, awesome, coffee.  Premium quality, full bodied, wonderful, rich tasting coffee.

I also picked up fresh cranberries for $1.00 a bag.  None were mushy, I didn’t have to throw out any of them.  Made then like my buddy V does, a cup of sugar, but I used Splenda instead, a cup of water, boil for 5 minutes, take off the burner and squeeze in an orange.

Sooooo, good – 30 calories for a half a cup of cranberries, too.  Works for me.

They also have a special buy right now, 28 ounce cans of Priano Crushed Tomatoes for $.89.  They are the best I’ve ever had.  Forget  Hunts, these are so much better, so good in fact, that I went back and bought a case of them… 

So all you hard sell people, go outside your box this week and just try a couple of things from Aldi’s.  You just might be surprised, and you will save 50% over supermarket prices.  Pinky swear…

~ jan

1 comments:

  1. Amen, girlfriend!! I'm a convert and my Aldi is not close to home. I stock up about once a month. Great buys and the quality is awesome!
    M

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena