Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cheesecake tweaks…

When you make a recipe for the first time, it’s a learning experience.

The crust recipe called for 2/3 cup butter, that’s a LOT of butter, I usually use 1/3 cup in a crust, but I followed her recipe, baked it for 10 minutes, and it was super oily.  So I took paper towel and blotted the excess, next time I will use less, maybe cut it back to at least 1/2 cup.

The recipe also calls to do to it in a water bath, but my cheesecake pan won’t fit in a 9x13 pan, and my jellyroll pan is one of those air kind, so I was afraid if I used it the bottom wouldn’t cook, so I just put it directly in the oven.  That’s what I always do, it may crack a bit, they do sometimes, but that’s no biggie.  I will watch it tho, and if I think it’s getting too brown before the center is no longer jiggly, i’ll loosely tent it with aluminum foil.

I tasted that batter, it was excellent, I’m thinking this is going to be a great recipe.

I’ll update you on how it cooks, not going to cut it until Monday or Tuesday, though…

I always watch FoodTV while I’m cooking, and today Paula Deen’s cousin was on her show, the lady owns a bakery so she should be a good cook.  Paula said her pumpkin pie recipe was the best she’s ever eaten.  Great reviews for it online.  Check it out here….

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena