Friday, October 16, 2009

If life is good, keep it to yourself!

I was having such a good day yesterday, spent the day with Hooterville and her son, Doug, and I commented to Ang on the phone how good life was.

Not fifteen minutes later, I was making chili, cut my finger on a can lid, almost to the bone.  Then I dropped my cellphone in the sink, splashed water on it.  It died!!!!!  I didn’t take out the battery, instead charged it, now it’s really dead, Fred.  Oh, and my car died, too.  Had to have it towed, they put in a new starter, got me all fixed up.  WRONG!!!

LC took my Blackberry apart this morning, it wasn’t even wet, but the keyboard won’t work.  Ry said I shorted out the circuit board.

Veronica came today, her birthday is Sunday, so we were going to shop and have lunch.  Maggie jumped on the back of the chair, started limping, wouldn’t put weight on her foot.  She didn’t yelp, so I knew it wasn’t serious, but anyway, I was going to drive, we got in the car.  Nada, nothing, el zippo, dead, dead, dead!

Just got home  a bit ago, decided I needed to turn on the fireplace, it won’t light….  But the good news is that Maggie is no longer limping, and V and I had a great day!

What happened to the good life I had just twenty-four hours ago???  Where did it go???  If you’re having a good day/week/year, whatever, just keep it to yourself, don’t tell anyone, you’ll jinx it!!!!!

1 comments:

  1. AWww, Jan! You really did have a bad day! Just FYI, if you drop your cell in water or it gets wet, you're s'posed to take the battery out and put them both into a bag of rice. I know people who swear it works. So sorry about your day! But like you say; your dog and friend are doing good! Take care of that finger!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena