Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Poor Boy Sweaters, a blast from the past…

Poor Boy Sweater

I was tooling down the expressway the other day and I had this flashback of a poorboy sweater.

For those of you who weren’t around in the mid 60’s, Poor Boys were the “in” thing to wear.  This picture depicts it really well, right down to the haircut.  I had the same do, along with a sweater very similar to this.  I think the whole poor boy fad was fueled by Twiggy, but of course, none of us corn-fed midwestern girls ever looked like she did in our sweaters.

What made me think of them anyway?  I hadn’t thought of those sweaters in, well, forever.  I had several of them, and my favorite was heather.  That was a big color in the 60’s, too, “heather,” it was kind of a soft muted purple.  Oh, what a kick, remembering my poor boys.  Drats, I wish I had a picture!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Jan! I DO remember poor boys and my hair was cut just exactly like that too, LOL! I had poorboy sweaters in almost every color that I could find them in; man I LOVED them! My favorite favorite one though was a dark purple one though..sort of a concord grape purpley...I have to think of what they called that color or it will drive me nuts all weekend. Was it plum? Hmmm.....off to think about this one, LOL. Thanks for the flashback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, just FYI...don't know why it signed me in under this name, but..it's me Seana!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena