Saturday, August 29, 2009

Things I don’t do anymore…

I was reading a blog today, they were talking about what they don’t do anymore, it inspired me, so here’s my list…

  • Use hairspray.  For the first time since I can remember, no spray.  This is a huge deal for me.
  • Follow the herd.  John taught me to break away.  I take a different route instead of sitting in traffic, I go to alternate cash registers in stores, I don’t blindly follow what others do, I make my own path,  it’s very freeing.
  • Do what is expected of me instead of what I want.  I’m getting old, it’s my time to do what makes me happy.
  • Expect things of people.  I’ve learned to be grateful and not expect anything, then when you receive, it’s a gift.
  • Take friendships for granted.  I cherish the wonderful women in my life, they are hugely important to me.  It’s a sisterhood, my girlfriends are my family.
  • Chew gum, I gave it up, people my age look silly chewing gum, well they do!
  • Watch stupid television shows, I rarely watch tv, nothing interests me.  I would much rather read or be on the computer, so that’s what I do.
  • Take life too seriously.  I really don’t.  If it isn’t catastrophic, I just go with the flow.  Well, most of the time I do.
  • Filter my thoughts, which I was reminded recently by my son that I should do.  It’s not gonna happen, I’m a mouthy old broad, my offspring will just have to roll their eyes and deal with it…
  • Have phony friends, I absolutely detest people who are fake.  Best quote ever, “I Yam what I Yam, says Popeye the Sailor Man.”  That’s my mantra, I live by it, and my friends do too!!!

Things I still do, but want to change...

  • Stop being a slave to my Blackberry.  I don’t have to check email or messages every time those silly little tunes alert me that I have updates.
  • Let my hair go gray.  Oh, I shudder at even typing the words.  I really would like to, but I just can’t.  I have a buddy with beautifully graying hair, I just know mine would be an icky color..
  • Procrastinate.  It’s in my genes, I’m afraid there is no hope of ever being organized.  I just don’t have an organized mind, and I’m not going to get one at this age.
  • Analyze every bite that goes into my mouth, Weight Watchers Points are forever imbedded in my brain when I look at food.
  • Stay away from the jewelry counters.  I’ve got enough silver jewelry now to sell for scrap metal, why do I feel the need to buy more.  Okay, so I really don’t want to stay away from the jewelry counter, but I should, seriously! Oh, btw, I got this pair of awesome earrings last week… *evil grin*
  • I’m a compulsive hair twirler, I have always done it, except when my hair was short and there was nothing to twirl,  but now that my hair has grown out, I’m back to twirling.  Short of shaving my head, I don’t know how to stop.  I mostly do it when I read.  Go figure…
  • Open mouth, insert foot.  ‘nuf said…

And that’s the way it is, Saturday, August 29, 2007….

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena