Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Furminator, it’s a very good thing…

http://image.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/furminator(2).jpg

Heads up, girlfriends, obviously I have stumbled onto something here…  If you have dogs that shed, which thankfully, my Yorkies don’t, but most of you do, there is a product called The Furminator that removes up to 90% of excessive pet hair.  Just link to their website, lots of information about it, even a video of a dog being groomed with it.

I heard about it last week on Martha Stewart Radio.  The vet show was on and they were discussing how good it was.  This weekend, I was looking at one of my FaceBook friend’s page, she was commenting about her shedding dogs, so I told her about this.

Another one of her friends read it, went right out and bought this tool, and here’s what he has to say about it -

Just bought a Furminator for Titus. FANTASTIC! When I was done our deck looked like one of those photos. It's the best gadget I've ever had for trimming a dog.

You can probably buy this deshedder locally, at your pet store, there is a store locator on their site, several stores in Heavensville sell them, including PetSmart.  It’s also available from Amazon, of course it is, absolutely  everything is available from Amazon.  It’s not expensive, just $20 or so, and well worth it to get rid of pet hair in your house!

The girls are doing well with their Natural Instincts Flea and Tick Spray.  I give them a bath, dry them, then saturate them with the spray.  I work it into their skin really well, especially the pads of their feet and legs, around their tail and behind their ears, then I blot the excess with a towel, and comb them and put them in front of the fan until they dry.  I don’t want to use the blow dryer on them after I soak them with it, I’m afraid it might be too harsh.

I’m getting used to them smelling like cloves, and they could care less what they smell like! I’m not seeing any fleas, and since they are little dogs, the bottle will last forever.

I had a few questions, so I called their company.  I was concerned about them licking themselves and ingesting some of the product, but they assured me that it’s 100% safe, non-toxic, I have nothing to worry about.  There is also the usual blurb on the bottle about not getting it in your eyes, flushing your skin with water, etc., but they told me that 99% of people and dogs have no problem.  The representative says she uses it on herself because it repels mosquitoes.

Did I blog part of this already, about the smell, calling the company and the mosquito repellent?  It seems vaguely familiar.  Oh well, I’m old, I’m senile, ignore me…

I had been applying it with rubber gloves, but she said no need to do that either, so I applied it with my hands, and she was right.  No irritation whatsoever, in fact, it made my hands really soft. 

It conditions their coat, but does not leave it greasy.  That was a big no-no for me, if it did, I want them fluffy, not greasy!  It just soaks in, and they are soft and shiny, like always.  What I don’t understand  is why they get fleas anyway!  They are much too cute for nasty old fleas to bother them…  Well, they are!

I’m outta here, gonna to go outdoors and sing in the sunshine.  If any of you try The Furminator, let me know what you think…

butterfly-dog

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena