Sunday, May 10, 2009

This is what you eat when you fall off the Weight Watcher’s Bandwagon…..

shortcake

It was a controlled cheat, though, I planned for this.  The kids asked me what I wanted for dessert today, and this is was it!  It’s strawberry shortcake like  Mammy Smith (great-grandma) made when I was a little girl.  I always called it pie stacked on top of pie.  It consists of layers of homemade piecrust, with juicy, sugar Splenda sweetened berries and whipped cream.  And yes, it was as good as it looks!  Lindsay made the piecrust this morning, and it was just awesome, really flaky and buttery, it was so yummy!  We ate on the patio, it was a sunny 68 degree day in Heavensville, the weather was just gawjus. finally!

I had a great Mother’s Day, I hope you all did as well.  And I hope that your dessert, whatever it was, was as good as this was! 

And since I’ve been dieting for the past month now, the taste was even better, I’m sure…

1 comments:

  1. It does look great - but if I was falling off WW - there would be chocolate chips in there!!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena