Sunday, May 24, 2009

I have a new toy, a Bella Cucina Rocket Blender…

http://s2.thisnext.com/media/230x230/Bella-Cucina-Rocket-Blender_C73ED2FE.jpg

I made myself a protein shake in the blender this morning, and it was a gawdawful mess.  I was trying to scrape the sides down to get the chocolate mixture out, then I had to take the whole thing apart to wash it, and because I had used ice in the shake, I couldn’t use my immersion blender, I had to use the big blender and I was in a snit.

I knew that Nisha had a Magic Bullet, the blender in the infomercials that uses a cup to mix your liquids in, and then you can drink it right from the cup, so I called her.

She told me that Macy’s had a knock-off on sale for $19.99, a much better price than the $50+ for the Magic Bullet and since hubby was working, I trekked off to Macy’s to buy one.

I bought it, came home, washed it, and faster than a New Yawk minute I had dumped in vanilla yogurt, a bit of splenda, fresh strawberries and frozen raspberries/blueberries/blackberries, and it blended it to perfection.

Wow, I’m hooked.  You all know how I love a good kitchen gadget, and this little blender works great.  I Googled it and read really good reviews before I bought it, and it’s perfect.  Clean-up is so easy, it’s so much better than that big old blender.  And yes, I have a smoothie machine in the garage, sitting on a shelf, but it’s a pain in the patootie, too, because it’s hard to wash.  I’m old now, I like simple things….

So now I can bore you all with my smoothie recipes. 

Here’s the specs on the blender for you -  and here’s the link if you want to see what it’s all about

  • Perfect for smoothie lovers on the run, the blending jar doubles as a cup so you can do a quick mix, take your drink and go
  • Includes 5 cups(4 tall and 1 short), along with various lids
  • Stainless steel housing features a brushed finish

    sunny

  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    © all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

    Designed by ScreenWritersArena