Friday, April 3, 2009

Yogurt, toilet paper, and sinus meds, random thoughts on a cloudy day…

Now that’s quite a combination, isn’t it? Let’s start with yogurt. I’ve had a love/hate affair with yogurt for years. I vow to eat healthy, buy it, it sits on the shelf far beyond expiration date, hubby throws it out and the cycle starts all over again. This has been going on for, oh, decades now. I really don’t like yogurt that much, and I didn’t realize why. I now know it was all of those artifical ingredients and flavors. I’ve discovered Stonyfield Farms Plain Yogurt in the past year, and I’m hooked. I add fresh fruit to it, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, or if I don’t have fresh fruit I add applesauce. Then I add Splenda, and it’s wonderful. I’m even getting hubby to eat it. I must confess that I originally bought it for the M&M’s, and since they are spoiled little pooches, I bought them the good stuff instead of the lesser brands, so we all eat it now. We can’t get greek yogurt at our local grocers, but if you have access to it in your town, oh my, it’s thick, satiny smooth and absolutely to die for. I used to have a yogurt maker years ago, I only used it when fresh fruit was in season, I never added anything to it, just cooked it with milk, ate it with fresh picked blackberries and I remember really liking it. Now why didn’t I try plain from the store? Who knows, I guess it took my dogs to show me the way.

Now on to the sinus meds. I have horrid sinus problems, and wake up frequently with my infamous tri-state boomer headaches. So many of my friends suffer with sinus problems as well, and so does poor Dilly. Nisha had told me before that she takes Mucinex (plain Mucinex in the purple box) every single night and she never wakes up with a sinus headache. I meant to try it, kept forgetting, but a few days ago I was in Walgreens with a rockin’ headache, and I bought a box of it. I’ve taken it faithfully for four nights now, our weather has just been horrid, rain, fronts coming thru, and I’m waking up headache free. I feel pressure some mornings, but no headache. Amazing, huh? I found an article online about sinus and Mucinex, here’s the site if you want to read about it.

An finally toilette paper. The soft kind. It’s eluded me for years, and I’ve tried every brand that promises to be kind to your tushy. Well those companies lie, I never think it’s pillowy soft, I even Googled it, and Yahoo answers say Charmin Ultra and Cottonelle. Of course I’ve used both and don’t think either are that soft. So when I saw a commercial for Quilted Northern Ultra Plush, I picked it up in the grocery store. It’s pretty soft, I must admit. It has 3-layers with Plush Quilts. And heaven knows, we all need Plush Quilts… Here’s a click for a downloadable coupon if you want to give it a try.

And that’s it from Heavensville this Friday, random thoughts from cluttered mind…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena