Sunday, April 12, 2009

Do I have a great site for you all to see…

spring

This picture brings back memories of my  country childhood.  It really was a time when mothers wore aprons, little boys wore bib overalls, pies were freshly baked for dad coming home from the field and dogs ran free in the country, protecting the property. This picture is so similar to the way I remember my childhood in the 50’s.

I found this great picture on a blogsite I’ve recently found.  I link to it in my sidebar, but in case some of you haven’t seen it and are feeling a bit nostalgic, it’s one of the best sites I’ve ever found online.  The name of it is Sugar Pie Farmhouse, and it has the most wonderful vintage graphics, scenes that depict the simple life, the way it used to be, when life was wholesome, and mother’s could stay home and raise their children, and the dogs could run free.  Was it a better life?  Now that I’m older and see the way the world is today, in my opinion, it definitely was.

I’m just a bit nostalgic this Easter evening. The family is gone, the house is quiet now, and I’m looking forward to spring planting.  Maybe I’ll bake hubby a pie,and I'll dream of a little child to share it with, and of course there are my sweet dogs to brighten my days.  I have a lot to look forward to this spring, life is good in Heavensville this Easter…

And the link to Sugar Pie Farmhouse is here, you simply have to check this out, it’s a visual delight… Pinkie swear…

 

butterfly-dog.SMALL

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena