Saturday, April 4, 2009

The country smells of my childhood….

aday My world is full of memories for me today.  Freshly mown grass, clean, fresh air, and later this afternoon, burning leaves.  You never smell leaves burning anymore, but someone nearby was burning today and oh, it was wonderful!  One whiff and in my mind I was a little girl again, running  and playing in the fields of my childhood.

The renewal spring brings, hopes, dreams and plans.  It’s been this way forever, and I feel so lucky that I still get to experience all this.  The daffodils and the tulips, the baby animals, even Mr. Squirrel, shinnying up my bird feeder, to rob the redbirds of their food, made me smile.  It’s been a perfect spring day, and I took time to be thankful for what I have.  Peace, tranquility, sunshine, nature, my dogs by my side enjoying the sun.  It doesn’t get better than this…

How many times have I said to you all, it’s those simple things….

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena