Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sometimes things just don’t work out like you plan…

It was a wonderful morning in Heavensville, warm, breezy, sunny, I  worked on the computer all morning,  promising myself that when the temperature got to 70 degrees, I would take a break and take the M&M’s for a ride on Milly.

Sure enough, the temperature went to 70, so I poured coffee into my favorite Starbucks travel mug, ummmm, well it wasn’t very hot, even though it had been in the carafe that is supposed to keep it steaming, but that’s okay, it’s kinda warm, it will be fine…

I grab a healthy snack for us, a couple of multi-grain crackers for them, no doggie biscuits in this house, those things have nasty stuff in them, a Weight Watcher oatmeal cookie for moi, put them on the golf cart, put on my sunglasses, grab hubby’s lightweight jacket and put it on, after all it’s breezy, and roll out of the garage.

Of course, by now, the sun has gone in, no need for the sunglasses, and even though it’s 70 degree’s, forget breezy,  it’s escalated to really windy, but that’s okay, it feels really “brisk,” so I zip up my  jacket and roll on down to the creek, my favorite spot to sit and ponder and drink my coffee.

I break up the crackers for the girls, unwrap my cookie, and a big gust of wind comes by and blows the crackers on Mildred’s  floorboard, where I promptly step on one and crush it to smithereens, the cookie wrapper blows to heaven knows where, and when I take a drink of my coffee the lid wasn’t on tight and the damn coffee spills all down the front of hubby’s jacket, soaking my chest and  the whole jacket sleeve.  Good thing it wasn’t hot, huh?

And the dogs decide they don’t really want to eat those crackers, they would have probably rather had doggie biscuits instead, and they are blowing off the cart anyway, and my puny little diet cookie that I ate in one bite tasted stale, but I’m still undeterred.

So, I  continue on my way, still determined to enjoy the “weather.”  By now it’s blowing gale force winds, the sky is looking rather ominous, and my chest and arm are freezing because they’re wet, and the girls are practically blowing off the the seat from the force of the wind!  And to top it all off, I have on my bluetooth headset, I’m using it to talk to hubby, and some old guy is getting his mail and looking at me like I’ve lost it.

Okay, think about it, here is this stupid woman with a wet jacket, hanging on to two little dogs for dear life, driving her golf cart in a windstorm and appearing to be talking and laughing to herself.

Oh wow, can’t wait for summer…  This was so much fun, today!

2 comments:

  1. ROFL...been there, done that! I've taken to staying inside til it's like 90 degrees, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting her with tears streaming down my face---you are one funny girl!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena