Thursday, December 11, 2008

Jan’s helpful hint, this time it’s about Downy…

I happen to be lucky enough to be married to Mr. Fixit.  Hubby is one of those guys who really can fix anything.

I had been complaining about my washer’s Downy dispenser, it was all gunked up, and wasn’t working properly.  He disassembled it, did some research on Google, realized that Downy is made of animal fat, ugh, and that it just congeals and sits in that dispenser in your washing machine.  Apparently mine was barely working.

He spent a good hour cleaning the gobs of goo out of it and putting it back together.  When I asked him this morning if Joe Ordinary could have done it without problems, he said “It would be a challenge.”

So for those of you who live alone, or who doesn’t have a guy that’s handy, it’s a little heads-up.  Perhaps your dispenser is different than mine, I have a Whirlpool Washer, and it’s dispenses from the top of the agitator.

Our solution is to buy a Downy Ball, and forget that stupid dispenser.  He wasn’t a happy camper cleaning all that gooey, apparently “fatty” mess out of there.  I couldn’t have done it, and maybe I can help someone else from having the same problem.

3 comments:

  1. My dear Mom and I love love love your new theme! It is gorgeous!

    I was shocked to find out the downy was made of animal fat. That is kind of gross... Thanks for the heads up. I think I will be going to dryer sheets. LOL! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan! I had to stop by and check out your blog. Your new header is just gorgeous!!!! And that photographer friend of yours has some truly gorgeous bird photos, I love them! Happy Holidays! :)
    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last time I bought a Downy Ball, it didn't work worth a sh#t! I'll never buy another one. I thought u always used dryer sheets? The last time I was over there u were using them ... smelled good too :o)

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena