Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Birthday to me….

bdayuse You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too--yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.

 

Today’s the day, nono, I’m not having the big “6O”, that’s not blisstil’ next year, let’s not rush it, okay… 

We’re in Versailles for Thanksgiving, John is on his way, Linds made me a German Chocolate cake and these sublime  Cranberry Bliss Bars, the ones from Starbucks that are sooooo good.  I found a recipe for them last year, and it’s a dead ring for Starbucks.  Want the recipe???  Sure thing, I posted it on Milly Scraps, you can access it HERE.

Here’s the cake, looks yummy, huh?  No recipe for it, but it’s the one on the back of the Baker’s German Chocolate.  Mother made me German Chocolate cakes for years, it was a hard decision,  Lemon Meringue Pie or German Chocolate Cake…. As you can see, the cake won.  Wish you could all eat a piece with me…

cake

And dinner tonight?  Ribs and kraut, mashed potatoes and creamed corn.  Ry’s cooking!!! 

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday .... wow u r really old! LMAO

    What's in the box? The present ... on the table ... what is it????

    Please email me a piece of that cake .. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have a piece of your cake too, Birthday Girl.
    And please slide a little sliver of the Cranberry
    Bliss Bars on my plate while you're at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy B-Day, Jan! I hope that you've had a wonderful day. I really enjoy your blog!
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. the happiest of birthdays to you jan!!!! i would eat a piece of that cake with you if i could! you look absolutely adorable and stunning no that photo!!!!
    XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday-----lookin' good girl. Wow birthday cake followed by Thanksgiving dinner. Hummmmmm, sounds like THE life to me. Enjoy the time with your family.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Jan~ and many happy and healthy years to come! I'm gonna have to check out the cranberry bliss bars...another gem in your collection, I'll bet! Hope your day was magical!
    Seana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday, Jan! Looks like a delicious day. :)

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena