Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Oh Maw Gawd.....

We were out and about with the kids Monday morning, going for Thai at lunchtime, and after visiting Keenland we were hungry, but didn't want a heavy breakfast, so Ryan wheeled into this place they had been telling us about. It was called DoughDaddy's, and it was in a gas station....... A GAS STATION??? C'mon, get real.

I'm not kidding, it looked like an ordinary convenience store in a gas station, except there were people EVERYWHERE and when we went in, they had this huge counter of pastries, little old women were scurrying around behind the counter, they had an area with local food, cheese, meats, etc., I was fascinated.

I didn't really want a doughnut, so I had a Glorious Muffin, I've had Morning Glory Muffins before, so I knew what I was getting, or so I thought, but this one happened to be made with bran, and pineapple, and apples, and it was studded with carrots, and nuts, and raisins, and it was warm. OMG, one bite and I was a goner. Fresh french roast coffee laced with cream, that divine warm muffin, which tasted like no other I had eaten before, all consumed whilst sitting on a barstool in a gas station window. It was a life altering experience. I've never eaten breakfast while watching people pump gas... I'm hooked. DoughDaddy's will be a required stop when we visit Ry and Linds from now on...

Don't knock it 'til you try it. Remember, baby boy is a food snob... this place achieved rock star status in my book...

Did I mention that muffin was warm, just out of the oven???? Yeah, I know I did, but you just have no idea how good it was....

Hey, with a name like DoughDaddy's you just can't go wrong.... DoughDaddy, DoughDaddy, DoughDaddy Dough!!!


2 comments:

  1. Haha...I'll give you a hundred points if you get the recipe! I used to have the most delicious pineapple bran muffins at the Napa Roasting Company in the mornings and have never found anything like them...think they had some carrots in them too....sweet,dark and sticky on top, and MOIST....now I think I need to go on a quest for a good recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, we DO need to find a recipe for these! I went to the health food store last night and got the bran and pineapple. My new (along with the dog biscuits, the apple dumplings, the pumpkin bread and the sourdough) project! I will share if you will :).

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena