Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Maggie’s off to the vet…

It’s been three months since Maggie’s liver shunt surgery.  Today’s the day we’ve been waiting for, we dropped her off at the vet’s this morning for tests, blood panel, bile acid, poor Mags has to go thru this one more time.  I wish I could make her understand that this is it, we’re finished now, we’ve done all we can do.  She was shaking when I left her, my poor little fur child, it so hard to just hand her over and walk out the door…

I snapped this picture before we left, she’s all warm and cozy in her little gold hoodie sweatshirt, courtesy of her Auntie Trish…

We won’t know for a few days how her tests came back, I’m really hopeful that the surgery was a success, she’s such a fiesty little imp these days. dr10-28-08

If you’re a new reader to my blog and don’t know Maggie’s story, you can read about her liver shunt surgery by CLICKING HERE…  She’s come a long way since July, her weight is up a pound, she has so much more energy now, she plays with her toys, scampers thru the yard,  and pesters Mollie.  In other word she acts… normal… Yes, that’s how she acts, like a normal little dog, and it’s a beautiful thing…

4 comments:

  1. Hope that the blood tests all come out perfect and Maggie will get a clean bill of health... she and Mollie are so adorable and I love seeing their pictures on your wonderful blog.. big hugs and fingers crossed!! Christa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know (I know you will anyway, but I'm anxious!!) how she does! Fingers crossed and many prayers~ Seana and the YE's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the positive Maggie thoughts. We should know test results late this evening or tomorrow....

    We picked her up from the vet yesterday afternoon, she was so glad to see us. She snuggled into my lap in the car alongside Mollie, let out a huge sigh, as if to say "thank goodness that's over" and fell fast asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jan~ I'll keep checking! All the best~

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena