Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Living a Healthy Lifestyle…

I eat natural food as close to the earth as I can, lots of whole grains, lean meat, olive oil, low fat dairy and veggies, and I try, for the most part to stay away from white flour and sugar.  Of course I get off track, after all a girl has to have chocolate sometimes, and what would life be if you didn’t occasionally have dessert, but I seem, in the last few years, to easily go back to eating the good for you stuff, and actually enjoy it.  I  I actually prefer whole wheat bread, brown rice and whole wheat pastas now.  I love plain yogurt, and never buy flavored ones anymore, and I’ve recently discovered Greek Yogurt and it’s amazing flavor.  I try to stay away from processed foods, I’m not always successful, but for the most part I do pretty well.  I think I actually live an 80/20 lifestyle with eating, and that’s pretty good.  So why can’t I lose weight eating this way???  Because I eat too much healthy food and don’t exercise enough. Grrrrrrr, that’s why…

I faithfully take my Centrum Silver with Lutine, as Mother had macular degeneration in her later years and the optometrists told her it could have been prevented if she would have just taken vitamins with Lutene.  I take calcium daily, something I used to struggle with in the past but in the last year I have really gotten my act together and take it regularly… And now to the whole purpose of this post…

I talked a couple of months ago about how Ryan told me to start taking mega vitamin B12 complex tablets daily.  He said it would take a couple of weeks for me to notice a difference, but it should help with my  fatigue as I would get the same effects as if I went to my doctor for Vitamin B12 shots.

I have never before taken any vitamins and been able to tell a difference in the way I felt, until I started the Mega Vitamin B’s.  It’s amazing how much more energy I have.  I don’t have that overwhelming fatigued that has plagued me for years.  We visited Ryan and Lindsay last week, and usually, after visiting with the kids for a few days, and being on the go and traveling, when I get home I am exhausted for a couple of days.  Not so this trip, I was tired the day we got home, but the next day I was back to normal.  It’s just amazing how much better I feel.

I told Veronica about them, she and Rich started taking them, and they, too, can tell a noticable difference in their energy level.  If you haven’t tried, these, buy yourself a bottle, I believe they have them in time release, which I don’t use, but I’m going to look for them the next time I’m at the drugstore.

I have lima bean soup in the pressure cooker this morning, lima beans, a bit of diced turkey smoked sausage, carrots, onions, garlic, thyme, and I’m going to make this great cornbread that’s made with stone ground cornmeal and yogurt, no fats or oils… and that’s our lunch.

Eating healthy, it’s a good thing….

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena