Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Apple Dumplings and Ice Cream, oh my......


We were on our way home from Lexington this morning, I was listening to Martha Stewart's Everyday Food on Sirius Radio, this lady called in and she's absolutely raving about Apple Dumplings made with a can of Mountain Dew. Well, naturally I perked right up because Apple Dumplings are an amazing thing, these were made with cresent rolls, so they were really easy.

When we got home, I Googled the recipe, it came up immediately, and sure enough, rave reviews. Pioneer Woman's Site is the best link for this recipe, not only does she tell you how to make them, she gives you a pictorial for doing so.

Here's the CLICK - go check it out for yourself, see if you don't think it looks awesome, too. And, if you happen to make these in the near future, drop me an email and tell me what you think, as Marti wants to make them for her Bunko group later in the month, and we need to know if the recipe needs to be tweaked at all.

UPDATE: I just found the recipe on another site, I was a bit confused about Pioneer Woman just using 1/2 can of Mountain Dew instead of 12 oz., but apparently she made a smaller batch. Here is more pictures, another
description, using the whole can - same recipe, great pictures here, also. Here's the CLICK!

Sources: Pioneer Woman & Yum Sugar


2 comments:

  1. Jan, you're the BEST! I'm definitely trying this the second my dh gets back home on Friday! I'll let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished this and WOW!!!! Prince Charming is basking in the glory of all those calories! This really is yummy. I also appreciate the heads up to Pioneer Woman. Love her site---the onion strings were also delish.
    M

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena