Friday, September 26, 2008

Nights in Rodanthe Review…



I’m just back from seeing Nights in Rodanthe with Peg.
First of all, I read the book a few weeks ago, and this afternoon when I mentioned it to Lindsay, she said “oh-oh, never read the book first, the movie never  measures up.”  And of course she was right, because you can never get all of the details of the book into a 90 minute movie.
But, because I had read the book, it wasn’t as much of a tear jerker for me, as for others in the theater.  I knew what was coming, so there were no surprises. A group of women sitting next to Peg and I were sobbing openly, I was a bit teary eyed, Peg made it thru without crying.
The acting, really good, Diane Lane is wonderful, the chemistry between her and Richard Gere is awesome.  They still have the magic.  Both Peg and I agreed that  Gere is still yummy, he still has it, ladies.  Middle age looks really well on him…
The setting is fantastic.  The beach house is mesmerizing.  For me, the movie lacked depth, because I had read the book, I’m sure.  But it’s a goodie, ladies,  a middle-aged couple who finds love again.  It’s a beautiful thing…
Okay, now for the superficial.  Diane Lane has a great body, a super haircut, and throughout the whole movie she was wearing the same necklace that I bought at T. J. Maxx last year.  Only difference is mine is white gold, hers is yellow.  So naturally I thought that was just fantastic.  Bet you can’t get that necklace now at T. J. Maxx, they will be sold out everywhere.  If you go, check out her earrings, little gold daisies in her ears, I still don’t know if there were diamonds in the middle or not, if they were they were small ones.  Oh, cute earrings, though.  I WANT THEM!!!!
And that’s it for me tonight, I’m going to finish watching the debate with hubby, the M&M’s tucked in beside me, and go to bed.  Go see the movie, you will enjoy it…

5 comments:

  1. i just can't read to the end of this post because i am afraid you will give something away!!!!! believe i'm cryin' already :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to find the necklace she wore in the movie for my sister but I can't find it anywhere -- any suggestions???

    I can't even remember what it looked like - do you have a picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never read the book so I had no idea what to expect and the movie still lacked depth for me. I have to say I was really disappointed because I am a Nicholas Sparks fan, but the film did nothing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anyone know the name of the hairstyle Diane had in this movie or where I could find a picture to print off?

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena