Friday, September 26, 2008

Counting my blessings…

garden-9-26-08 I was in the garden this morning, touching this pot of rosemary, and as I sit here typing, the smell of it  on my fingers is intoxicating.

I was out and about this cool, breezy morning, and I was thinking about my recent post about sags and bags and wrinkles, and how superficial that was.  In the overall scheme of things, I’m content and at peace with where I’m at in this fifty-eighth year of my life. 

I’m so lucky that I can stay home and spend my days doing what I enjoy, instead of what is expected of me.  I’m grateful that I don’t have to worry about losing my home, that I have a pantry and freezer filled with food, and that every time I turn on the faucet there is hot water.

I was putting a load of clothes in the dryer just now.  How handy it is, just to walk a few steps and do my laundry. 

Hubby and I are healthy, the family is doing well, my fur kids bring me so much joy and I have wonderful friends.  I’m surrounded by nature,  what more do I want. 

I’m sure that all of you have a lot to be thankful for, also.   So, today, right now,  live in the moment, step outside and sit  in the sunshine, feel the breeze on your face, surround yourself with nature and fill your soul with the harmony and the beauty of your surroundings, instead of the bad news from Washington, which we have no control over anyway, and you can find peace.

Life is good, today.  The rest shall pass.

~ jan

1 comments:

  1. thanks jan. a great post to remind me of the simple things. i have been complaining in my heart that i have to work rather than stay home and do what i like. but truth be told if i wasn't working i wouldn't feel too good about myself. i know i help people and that is a worthwhile way to spend my and their precious time.
    XOX

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena