Monday, August 18, 2008

A little bit of this, a little bit of that…. random thoughts on a Monday night…

BLT’s for dinner tonight, the first time this summer. Oh my, nothing like thick slices of bacon, fresh tomatoes, leaf lettuce on Bunny Bread with Miracle Whip. Oh yeah, gotta get the white trash element going in the BLT’s. No Hellman’s for this ole’ southern girl, nope, no way, gotta be Miracle Whip and gummy white bread, FRESH, gummy white bread, that is…. It was awesome!!!

I’m cautiously optimistic that the Mewster Brewster is on the mend and that her surgery was successful. She has so much spunk, she’s just a little doggie dynamo. She's starving all the time, her little eyes sparkle and she doesn't sleep her days away like she used to. Some evenings, I take her and Mollie over to Trisher’s on the golf cart, because she has this shady area by the rocks where the grass is so thick and lush it’s like carpet. The dogs love to romp and play there, and of course I keep forgetting my movie camera. One of these days soon, I’ll get some footage and post it for you. My two Yorkies, and Trish’s Yorkie, London, all romp and play. It’s too cute for words…

We made our last visit of the season to the peach orchard today. Hubby wanted a cobbler, but they aren’t ripe enough yet. Perhaps tomorrow. Nisha gave me her favorite peach cobbler recipe, I’m sure it’s a goodie, Nish is a great cook. I’ll share it with all of you later…

I’m also cautiously optimistic that the super Vitamin B12 pills are giving me more energy. Either that or I’m just rested. Whatever the reason, energy level is way up for me. No side effects from the vitamins except that now I pee Gatorade neon yellow…. If Ry hadn’t told me to expect that I would have been in a panic…

We were leaving the house for the peach orchard, I had both dogs tucked under one arm, my phone in my hand, and I had just poured myself a glass of fruit tea in my favorite Starbucks clear plastic glass, with a lid and straw. Ry bought it for me this spring, and I’ve loved it, the glass not the tea.... Well, the damned lid flew off, the entire contents of the glass spilled all over the utility room floor, it was so sticky, syrupy, egads, you have no idea of what a mess I had. I put the dogs down, they were having a blast, lapping up the sweet tea, thank goodness hubby was home – I yelled for him, he cleaned it up. And I cracked my Starbucks glass, it’s ruined, had to throw it in the trash. Even that didn’t upset me. Has to be the vitamins, has to be…. Normally I would have been in a tiz…. Oh well, at least I didn’t drop my dogs or my phone, it could have been worse, but I’m sure they’ve sold all those nifty glasses at Starbucks by now. *sigh*

And that’s it from Heavensville, tonight. I’m off to bed with the dogs and Nicholas Sparks, Nights in Rondathe. Fun evening, huh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena