Friday, August 8, 2008

Another blast from the past...

The year was 1965, I was fifteen years old, and I thought Sally Fields was so cool. I loved her hair and wanted mine to look exactly like hers, especially her bangs. I remember drooling over her clothes, too... Oh, this brings back memories for me, I bet it will for you, too…



And here's the original Gidget, Sandra Dee. The quality of this clip isn't the greatest, but oh, Sandra Dee was stunning. She was so fresh faced, so sweet and innocent... Not like today, when actresses look like little hookers by the time they are fifteen...





And then in 1969, Karen Valentine did a Gidget remake. She just didn't have it like the other two, in my opinion, but if you are on a totally Gidget trip down memory lane by now, you might enjoy giving this a watch, also...

1 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Jan! You always read my innermost thoughts like nobody else! I can't believe first I see the beehive oven (Yes, I found it awhile ago and send it to my bff and told him "my next kitchen appliance")here and now GIDGET! That was probably my most favorite tv show when it was on, and I keep saying, "why don't they put that on one of the old tv show stations?"....Oh gosh, I miss the old days, LOL! And yeah...I wanted my hair to look just like hers too and I could NEVER get my bangs right..but I got the ribbons down to a SCIENCE :).

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena