Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Memories....


When I was growing up in the 50's, we lived in a rural community fifty miles from Heavensville, so it was a huge deal to spend Saturday in the "city" shopping downtown. And yep, this is a picture of downtown Heavensville in the 50's. Check out the size of this Woolworth's.

Our trip was usually topped off by a visit to the Farmer's Daughter for their burger basket.

Oh, those double burgers, special sauce (no, nothing like Mickey D's special sauce) french fries and coleslaw, topped off by drinking a real Coke, with sugar, thru a paper straw. And the strawberry pie, OMG, it was amazing. Now those were the days!!!

Of course the Farmer's Daughter is long gone now, replaced by fast food chain restaurants. But I still remember how good it was.... I'm sure some of you townies that read this blog loved it, too...

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I wasn't even born in the 50s - my mom was born in 52, but this post and these photos make me nostalgic for these better days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember buying prom dresses and the days outing was so special. Really a treat. No boring old Mall just down the street. Going to an air conditioned movie theater all dressed up (including gloves) and sitting in the balcony. Ahhhh, sweet memories!
    M

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena