Monday, June 16, 2008

Now why didn't I take a picture....

Last week I bought an electric Wolfgang Puck Pressure Cooker from HSN, after Hooterville alerted me about it, and naturally Ryan couldn't wait to try it out, so we made stuffed peppers yesterday.

We had a "bit" of trouble getting it going, and finally realized the seal wasn't popped all the way down. Once it came to pressure, it took twenty minutes and the results were too amazing for words. OMG, they were so moist, so tender, so perfectly cooked, sez Jan, gushing...

And... Lindsay made her father-in-law a banana spice cake using her grandmother's recipe. It was soooo good....

Seriously, it was an awesome meal, comfort food at it's finest. Stuffed peppers, mashed potatoes, corn, and frosty glasses of iced tea topped off with Dilly's cake. Ryan was growling he was enjoying it so much.

So, I'm looking forward to taking this puppy for many spins in the garage. The garage???? Yeah, I admit, we cooked them in the garage just in "case" it exploded. A mishap we have only seen once, when the boys were small and Mother's pressure cooker exploded and made a hideous mess.

But not to fear, all went well, I'm going to cook pinto beans in it today, nothing like a new kitchen garage toy to get me excited...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena