Thursday, June 19, 2008

I just thought you wold all enjoy seeing how crazy I really am...

Note: This is a picture of London that I took to the groomer.

You all know that I have no problem poking fun at myself, so I'm posting the following letter. It's to the groomer, Maggie is going today, and it's to someone she's never been to before. I know from past experience that if you just "tell" them what you want, by the time they do the groom, they have forgotten half of it you end up with a dog and a cut you didn't want. Heck, we end up with cuts that we don't want ourselves, and we are able to tell people what we want. I'm also enclosing a picture of London, Trish's dog's cut, as they did a great job on her.

I just read the letter to hubby, he said I was totally bat shit crazy and they probably wouldn't groom her after they read this. So here goes, the letter that will be accompanying Mags to the beauty par-lor...

Maggie Moo's New Doo...

Little Miss Maggie had bladder surgery to remove a stone ten days ago. She went to the vet yesterday, Dr. Laura Wagner, a great vet, by the way, and she said Maggie is healing well and it's fine to take her to the groomer, just be careful of her little tummy, it's pretty tender. She still has some glue on her abdomen from the surgery, don't try and get it off, it will come off by itself.

She's up to date with all her shots, including kennel cough.

She's a sweet little soul, she's always good with the groomer.

And now to the cut...

I'm enclosing a picture of London, you did such a great job on her for Trish . I would like for Mags to have the same cut, EXCEPT for the head.

I don't want the clippers used on her face. I don't like buzzed noses or hair clipped around the eyes. I don't want bangs (visor) - I want to keep her head intact. The top of her pony could be trimmed a bit.

I would like to have 1/3 of her ears tipped, the rest of the ear can be shaped as you see fit, but I do like a few wispies left in front to soften her face.

I want her moustache to be the same length as her beard, as it is now. I do think the bottom of the beard could be trimmed and shaped a bit though.

I also like the underbelly clipped, it seems to mat if the groomers don't trim it. Of course the vet trimmed her tummy when she did the surgery, but the breastbone area needs to be clipped.

I don't know if you put your dogs in a blow box, if you do, please be aware of that sensitive stomach and watch her carefully.

Yeah, I'm a worrier. A bit dingy, too but I'm a nice lady, I'm not normally bossy, I'm just crazy about this little dog.

I'm sure you will do a great job, I thought London looked precious.

Oh, one other thing, Maggie has nappy hair, we struggle with it constantly, you will probably want to slather on the conditioner. I try and get her snarls out daily, occasionally we get in trouble, hopefully you won't find too many mats.

She has one area on the under side of her tummy, I trimmed it a bit (can't you tell???) I think they must have gotten glue on her during the surgery, so just kind of work around it, it's okay to shake your head when you see the way I botched clipping it. You will also see evidence of my taking some mats out of her fur. Sorry, I'm a real amateur, I'm thinking I need to invest in a mat cutter. She's dirtier than normal, because I couldn't bathe her because of her surgery. She normally gets a bath weekly.

Enjoy her, she's a love!!!

Jan

1 comments:

  1. if i were the groomer i would both shake my head, shake in my boot and shake with laughter! dang London looks awesome!!!!! what a hot boy!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena