Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hillary

I've been watching The View this morning, the AP erroneously reported that Hillary Clinton will concede this evening, her campaign later issued a statement saying this wasn't true, but to the women on the panel and in the audience's credit, when they made the announcement that she would concede, there was no clapping, no joy, just a community of sadness.

You all know that I have supported this woman, but if you can somehow try to separate her from her politics, which I know is next to impossible, you must surely admire her chutzpah. She has been relentlessly hammered by the media, dealt blow after blow, yet she bounces back again and again and surges forward. She has fought a valiant fight, showing an unflagging energy admiral for a woman of any age, let alone a woman in her sixties.

I commend her for her tenacity, focus, determination, and for the fact that she doesn't give up. In my opinion, she has fought a campaign worthy of any man.

I'm sure that her daughter is extremely proud of her mother, something that all of us want from our children. When the dust has settled from this historic election and the history books are written, I hope they treat her more kindly than she has been treated thus far.

I would welcome your comments on this, not her political views, but her strength and determination as a woman running for office against insurmountable odds. I think she did us all proud....

3 comments:

  1. Jan - you know how I feel about Hillary. I want Hillary and her
    husband to ride into the sunset
    and spare us of anymore drama...
    That being said - I do have to
    admit that I'm surprised by her
    persistence, and give her minor
    props for carrying on against
    the odds. There - I said it.
    Now if only there was an
    honest and inspiring candidate
    on the horizon to help us through
    tough times ahead... Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There have been a several times over the last few weeks that I have been stunned to find myself either defending Hillary or proud of her - or both. I've mentioned a few times that she seems to be the only one with balls in this campaign. Other than that, I have to agree with "V." Absolutely no offense intended.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha - you nailed it Lori...she
    DOES have more, ugh...you know,
    than the other candidates!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena