Monday, June 30, 2008

The "Car" Love of my Life.... She was a TR6

The year was 1974, John was a toddler, and hubby bought me a yellow TR6 convertible. I still, to this day, remember how it felt to run thru the gears, the feel of the steering wheel, the smell of the leather, and the smooth feel of the gearshift knob. I just adored this car...

Little John and I would zip around town with the top down, he undoubtedly holding tight to his favorite red ball that accompanied him everywhere, me in sunglasses with my long hair streaming in the wind. When hubby was along, John sat on a little shelf in the back between the seats. After Ryan was born, sadly the car had to go, and it was replaced with a more family friendly station wagon, that lasted only a few months. I absolutely hated it!

There have been many cars in my life, hubby was always a car nut, I've driven Corvettes, Jeeps, Cadillacs, Chevy's, Fords, mini-vans, trucks, even vintage cars thru the years, but nothing ever compared to this little convertible. She was the car of my dreams. I still drool, even now, when I occasionally see one streaking down the road.

Ahhhhh, those were the days....

1 comments:

  1. Hi Jan--me again, betty. My father taught me to drive in his Triumph TR2--baby blue with tan leather upholstery. Showin' my age here! I love the way you share your memories. Conjures up my memories, though of an earlier generation than yours, but much the same.

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena