Saturday, May 3, 2008

Why hubby buys reading glasses by the case...

He does buy them by the case, from this lady at the fleamarket. He's bought so many pairs, she wholesales them to him. And why do we need so many pairs?

Well.... take today for example. I went to the library, was carrying in a boatload of books in one hand, and my trash sack from takeeoutee lunch and my reading glasses in my other hand, and some guy was holding the door open for me to go in the library, so I quick dump the trash, and you guessed it, I also dumped the glasses. Jeez Louise, and this man is standing there watching me. I'm trying to unobtrusively put my hand down in the trash container, which has one of those lid thingies on it so you can't really see in it, I'm groping around, and put my hand on something really wet. Screw this, I just yanked my hand out, thanked the guy for holding the door and left the damned glasses in the trash. So then I'm in the library, can't read a thing because I have no glasses, but Miss Ingenuity here just goes to the large print selection of books and grabs a few...

I didn't even glance at that stupid trash container on the way out, didn't need to, I probably have oh, thirty-six or thirty-seven pairs at home anyway. For real I do...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena