Sunday, May 18, 2008

It's those simple things, again....

Sometimes the best times are the unplanned ones. Hubby worked today, it was picture perfect outside, 72 degrees, light wind and blue skies. I puttered on the patio, and on a whim early afternoon, talked to Trisher, she was doing nothing either, so I packed up water for the dogs, cookies and almonds for us, grabbed some soda and we were off. I tooled thru Subway for a tuna sub, got the whole 12" sub, only $5, such a deal, half for later, right.

We went to Burdette Park, popped out the lawn chairs, sat in the sun and read the books we took along. Hers a mystery by a local author, Mike Whitcker, mine a nameless romance novel, by an author whose name I don't remember, but entertaining nontheless. So there we sat, me munching on the sub, and I ate the first half, I was still hungry, so I ate the rest of it. OMG, I ATE THE REST OF IT!!! I have never ever eaten an entire sub at one sitting, but you know what, it was wonderful, and I don't regret it a bit. I even polished it with numerous low-fat Oreos. But on the flip side, it's now 8pm, and I have no desire for dinner.

We had a great afternoon, I sat with my back to the sun, she sat with her feet in the grass, London scampering at her feet, Maggie nestled in my lap, and we read and laughed and we just were.... Nature and a good friend, you can't beat the combination.

I was so relaxed I came home and tucked into bed for a nap with Maggie - it was a perfect day.

Yep, it's those simple things...

1 comments:

  1. your day sounds heavenly! the park, the dogs, the sun the grass. all of it..even the tuna with oreos :)
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena