Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's picnic time.....


Ode to Jean

Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' come
Watching the ships ducks roll in
And then I watch 'em roll away again, yeah

I'm sittin' on the dock deck of the bay bridge
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock deck of the bay bridge
Wastin' time...

I left my home in Georgia Hooterville
Headed for the 'Frisco bay Heavensville way
'Cause I've had nothing to stay in Hooterville for
And look like nothin's gonna happen there anyway

So I'm just gonna sit on the dock deck of the bay bridge
Watching the tide ducks roll away
Ooo, I'm sittin' on the dockdeck of the bay bridge
Wastin' time...

Look like nothing's gonna change
Everything still remains the same
I won't do what ten people tell me to do
So I guess I'll remain the same, yes

Sittin' here resting my bones
I'm just peaceful if you leave me alone
It's thirty-five miles I roamed
Just to make this dock bridge my home

Now, I'm just gonna sit on the dock deck of the bay bridge
Watching the tide ducks roll away
Oooo-wee, sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time...

My buddy Hooterville is visiting, we're on holiday, oh yeah, nothing like two old women acting like teenagers. It's such a blast, girlfriends, you have no idea.... Our kids would absolutely disown us if they could see how silly we act...

She's so into the birds, we were at Burdette really early this morning, after a Donut Bank drive-thru for coffee and still warm cinnamon buns, ohhhhh, we're so bad..... She got some absolutely amazing shots of the migrating warblers, Maggie snoozed in her little carseat, and I read the Sunday paper. Talk about blissful, OMG was it ever gawjus. Wish you all could have been here.....

We're grilling burgers on the Smokey Joe later, mesquite grilled ribs tomorrow. Life is soooo good...

V, if you're reading this,
don't forget to take the food pictures!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena