Friday, May 9, 2008

I had forgotten all about this...

I was making brownies this morning, the recipe told me to cut waxed paper for the bottom of the pan. Oh my, I haven't done that in years, not since Pam came along. But I smiled to myself as I was tracing the outside of the pan and cutting the paper as I remembered helping Mother make cakes in her heart shaped pans and cutting the waxed paper for them. She used those pans all year long, not just on Valentine's Day. And of course her cakes were always homemade, lots of chocolatety ones with yummy frostings like caramel, peanut butter and german chocolate. *sigh*

And what recipe was I using this morning? Actually I made two things, chocolate chip cookies and the brownies both from Perfect Light Desserts. It's a great cookbook, and the cookies are amazing. Nothing in the book is over 300 calories.

Cooking

Interesting isn't it, how some things never change, and how other things do. We had never heard of light desserts when I was growing up... Ahhhh, those were the days and I didn't even realize it... Sad 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena