Wednesday, April 9, 2008

More on Ironing....

I got a new Williams-Sonoma catalog in the mail this week. You all know these catalogs are one of my favorite things in the whole world, and as I was pouring over every single page, while sitting at the bar, with a steaming mug of coffee, I found something that took me back in time. It was their Miele Rotary Iron. Oh my, when I was a little girl, my Aunt Hazel had an ironer, and it was the most amazing contraption. It was so big she could sit at a chair in front of it and feed sheets thru that thing, and they would come out perfectly ironed, totally flat.

I was standing at my fold-out-from-the-wall ironing board just now ironing pillowcases. Yes, I still iron pillowcases, it's one of my quirks, I love freshly ironed cases. Anyhoo, I was thinking about Aunt Hazel and her amazing ironing machine, and how it has evolved to what it is today from Williams-Sonoma.

It's evolved to the price of $1,999 that's what it's done - yep, $1,999 for that Miele Rotary Iron. Crazy expensive, huh? Aunt Hazel's was a lot bigger than this one, the size of the Miele isn't that large at all compared to hers. Auntie was ahead of her time....

And what did I just have to buy from this month's catalog... Well, actually two things, both inexpensive, and Ryan and Lindsay picked them up for me at WS in Lexington today. The first thing is their new non-aerosol salad mister. I had one of the pressurized misters a few years back and it didn't work worth crap, hopefully this one is better, cause it has pump action, and a filter so that the herbs and garlic slivers don't clog it. If you click on the link to view it, check out the onion tart shown on the same page. Looks to-die-for!

The second purchase was an OXO Stainless Steel Soap Dispensing Brush . I've had these before, was introduced to them by Tonia several years back, but mine are long gone and it was time for a new one. I'm a big fan of OXO products, originally made for handicapped people, OXO products always are easy to grip, easy to handle and great quality...

And, if you haven't yet bought the Vegetable Chopper from Williams-Sonoma, the one I've blogged about many times, springtime is a great time to pick one up. Nisha bought one a few months ago, and she says it's just about her favorite thing in the kitchen. It's one of my very favorite kitchen gadgets, and you all know I'm the Gadget Queen. They even have a video showing how to use it. I didn't buy the mini chopper, just the regular sized $29.95 one. It comes with two blades, one of which does a really small dice, I've never felt I needed the mini one.

And that's my day. It's cloudy and low 50's, not a great day in Heavensville. Let's hope tomorrow is warmer...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena