Friday, April 18, 2008

A little trip down memory lane...

If someone were to ask me, "Who is your favorite celebrity," it would have to be Donna Mills. I started watching her in the 60's, when she played a nun on the soap, Love is a Many Splendored Thing. Even with the habit covering her, I thought she was just stunning. I always followed her career, and of course when she played her breakout role, Abby Cunningham, on my favorite soap of all time, Knot's Landing in the 80's, oh my, she was just breathtaking.

The eyes of course were totally mesmerizing. I used to just trowel on the makeup back in the day, so of course I thought she looked just spectacular with those huge doe eyes. That tiny little body, those gorgeous clothes, and great hairdo's, she was quite the looker...

A little trivia for you, did you all know that the character of Sandy, in Grease, was based on Mill's experiences as a teenager?

She was born, Donna Miller on December 11, 1940. She never married, but adopted a daughter in the 90's. She's 67 years old now, oh that's hard to believe, but she is. This is the last photo I could find of her, taken in 2006. She still shows up on television occasionally, I still enjoy watching her and think she is still a beautiful woman.

She starred in a video in the 80's, called "The Eyes Have It." And guess what, I do have it. It's an old VHS tape, I would love watching it again. Maybe I can talk the Dilly's into seeing it with me. She goes thru all the steps in this video of applying her eye makeup, totally fascinating, IMO.

My friend, Barb, loves her too, and when she came out with a line of eye makeup in the 90's, we both bought it.

I found this old video of her on U-Tube. Just watch it, look at that makeup and that hair and those clothes. my favorite picture is about halfway thru the video. She's sitting in the backseat of a car, her hair was a curly bob and she had on a white suit.

Oh those were the days, at least they were my days. It was a good thing...


2 comments:

  1. i'm sorry but i think your eye makeup looks marvelous and she tends to look a little like a vampire or a rabid raccoon. she needs to watch your makeup video :) you have one don't you? no? oh! a new project and something you can leave your dilly's to remember you by! now that would be a good video...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sheesh.. i got a little ahead of myself here, commenting before i saw the beginning of the post. she is pretty i agree :) especially at 65.

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena