Saturday, April 19, 2008

Interesting comment from Robin, let me address it...

i have question...questions....why don't you show anyones else's comments but mine? don't you know it is embarrassing for me to take up so much of the spotlight? are all your friends as computer illiterate as your/my friend V? Is that why they don't show their comments or is it because they don't agree with you often enough and as an only child you have never learned to tolerate that?

Interesting observation, Robin, one that I've wondered about myself. Is it that I have no friends? Do I just have lurkers? My website averages 50-75 hits a day, so somebody is looking at it, but people rarely comment... I do get emails, however, perhaps people aren't comfortable leaving comments. I really don't know why they don't participate. The Dilly's used to comment, but haven't in awhile, they have moved on to other things, my buddy V is not computer illiterate, I'm taking that she mentioned something to you in an email to make you think that she is. She'a a a smart little cookie, V, trust me... Check out the SilverBeach website she published. It's a goodie.

So, would some of you make Miz Robin from BirdTweets a happy girl, and me, too I might add, and leave a comment.

It's pretty easy - look at the bottom of a post, and after you see , you will see a hyperlink that says "O Comment" or maybe, if I'm lucky, "1 Comments" - just click on that, and then you get a popup where you can leave a comment. Just fill it out, do it anonymously if you like, or sign it if you want - and hit Publish Your Comment. That's all there is to it. All comments come to my email for approval before they publish, that's because of the darned spammers, but give it a whirl, Robin and I will be thrilled! She gets lots of comments on BirdTweets, she's popular, and I'm not. Waaaaaaaaa....

Later 'gators, yeah, I know you like me, even if you don't comment.... What's not to like about a 58 year woman, who's batshit crazy, and has the cutest little dog in the world....

~ jan


6 comments:

  1. Hey! HEY!! I'm not computer illiterate...just not really chatty online - kinda like I am in person. ;) (yeah yeah Jan - I don't call you enough...) I'll comment more often,
    though, cuz I want you to feel like Ms. popularity! Your blog too, Robin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'mon T!!! We have been remiss in our in-law duties! Let's spam the crap out of her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When "little miss popularity" writes a post regarding computer technology, I'll be more than happy to leave comments :o)

    I had no idea that people were considered computer illiterate just because they don't leave comments about someones day-to-day life events.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoot, I think I might be one of those lurkers who read, smile, and move on. I really enjoy everything about your website from the layout and colors to the subject matter and videos. It's the best, cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! now that is better! 2 more than you had yesterday anyway. oh comments are sooo important to my blogging spirit! i was a middle child and believe me i needed the attention to feel visible between the bookends of my sisters :)
    p.s. i know you have moderated comments due to other website issues however i do think you could let that go for your fun and happy blog and trust that the CAPCHA lettering code will capture any evildoers and throw them in blogger jail.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you describe lurkers,
    Pam - "read, smile, and move on."
    Jan can tell by her daily stats that
    we are stopping by, and we return
    often because we like what we see!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena