Friday, April 18, 2008

Holy Batman and Robin, we had an earthquake!!!!

Okay, it's 4:35 am, I'm snoozing soundly, in my birthday suit, I might add, I know too much info, but you all know how hot I get. Anyhoo, all of a sudden the Mooster jumps up and just starts barking like crazy, and LC pops up yelling, "EARTHQUAKE, EARTHQUAKE!" Well, he's outta bed in a New Yawk minute, racing around like a crazy man, running outside to make sure there wasn't an explosion, I'm grabbing Mags, who is still going nuts, and the house is just shaking, forever it seems, actually it was the longest earthquake I've ever been through, and I've been through quite a few. It lasted 30-45 seconds, and all I could think of was jeez, don't let something happen, I have on no clothes!!!!! Hubby, being more practical, said when it was over, that he was worried about me, because I couldn't just jump up and go, I have to put on my prosthesis first. I didn't even think about that, but he was right... Arughhhhh...

And what was my initial reaction to all of this, was it fear? Was it surprise? Oh, no, it was anger. Anger??? Oh yeah, I was initially just totally pissed at hubby for waking me out of my sound sleep. I know, it wasn't rational, and of course once I was awake the fear the anger quickly turned to fear as I realized what he was telling me.

Egads, I hope this doesn't happen again in my lifetime. Not fun. But maybe it will be a few years if it does happen, I'll be thru these blasted hot flashes, all tucked in bed in my flannel granny gown. Jeez Louise, what a wakeup call this morning in Heavensville!!! No damage, thank goodness, just the most helpless feeling...

1 comments:

  1. i heard that wasn't really an earthquake. maybe your hot flashes have begun to cause the room to reach a roiling boil and it finally just blew off the lid. no one else felt an earthquake in illinois....

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena