Friday, March 14, 2008

That comfort food did the trick...

The Shells & Cheese were sublime last night. We fixed a simple little meal that's been a favorite since we were first married, fish sticks, peas and macaroni and cheese, ummmm....

We took a ride after dinner to Burdette Park. We sat in the car with Maggie chewing on her Flossie, while hubby and I watched the fat white ducks that were paddling around in the water. The buds are swelling on the trees now, the crocus are blooming, the renewal of spring is in the air.

Back home, LC ran laps around the living room with Mags barking at his heels, and I threw her fuzzy donut and she chased it and romped like a little doggie possessed.

Robin from Bird Tweets and I had a email marathon going back and forth, a little fairy tale of sorts about running away to the country to a little stone house and raising a gadzillion Yorkies, naming them all fleur names. Oh we had some good ones, Rosebud, Violet, Daffodil, Daisy, Iris, Poppy, Lily and my favorite, Clover... It was a nice distraction... Robin is a great new friend.

And then to bed with a new feather pillow that scrunched up just perfectly under my neck. Maggie and I shared an orange before we went to sleep, and when I awoke this morning I was lying there listening to LC and Mags snoring softly and I am so grateful that I have them.

Anyone out there who has an older dog, I urge you to get another one now, don't wait. You can never replace one dog with another, but oh when the time comes, it makes it so much easier to bear. You may think that your dog won't accept a new pup, but you might be surprised. Veronica told me this week that she thought Maggie breathed life into Munchie and willed her to live longer. I so agree with this, the Munchkin was wild about her, mothered her, played with her. It took awhile, though, the breeder told me that she should accept her after about three weeks, and that's just how it played out. Such good memories...

And so today, this rainy Friday, I'm going for a haircut, then finish a couple of scrapbooking pages for Mom's Noodles and Ryan's chicken soup and publish them. So check back later, they're both a good thing...

1 comments:

  1. aww jan it made me tear up all over again reading about your little munch. you have such a good heart, so grateful, so ready to love all the little yorkies in the world. and there are probably just about enough fleur names to go around too ;) ivy, tulip, posy, cosmo, sweet pea....on and on while we knit booties for the sweet babes :)

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena