Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tarzan and Jane have left the jungle

I awoke this morning to my computer going "ding, ding, ding" - it was my GoogleTalk, John was typechatting me. He and Tonia are at the airport in Johannesburg now, getting ready to fly home.

John said they had the most amazing experiences while on safari. They went out for two runs daily, four to five hours each time, and they would have an hour and a half bush walk. They saw the big five, elephants, tigers, lions, rhino and buffalo. Tons of giraffes and their babies, herds of elephants, a leopard sleeping in a tree. They got charged by an elephant, and the guide had to gun the jeep and make a run for it. He said to see a herd of elephants with their babies off in the bush is just breathtaking. They saw lion cubs too.

Their lodge wasn't busy at all, they had their own bungalow, only twelve other people were there. He said it was super service, wonderful accommodations, their bed was draped with mosquito netting. It was definitely the trip of a lifetime. Normally they are ready to come back to the USA, but not this trip. They would have loved to have stayed longer.

They will be home at noon tomorrow, I can't wait for the pictures. They took a ton of them and video, too. I'm sure I'll have some to post on the blog.

And that's my morning, it was a wonderful way to wake up....

1 comments:

  1. lions and tigers and... rhino oh my! that is an eye opener of a morning!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena