Friday, February 1, 2008

Ker-choo......

I've done really well this wintter, so far, no major bugs, but poor Hooterville is miserable right now, and I talked to Cousin Phyllis last night, and she is battling strep throat and a sinus infection.

I read about a home remedy a few weeks ago that said if you put Vicks Salve on your feet, and put on socks, it will control your coughing. Now, that makes no sense, I know, but people swear by it. Of course I'm intrigued by this, probably because I don't have feet to smear it on...

Could I talk either one of them into trying it, of course not. Both of them detest the smell of Vicks because they were all greased up by their Mothers' when they were kids. Well, I too, wore the detested flannel rag on my Vicks smeared chest, but for some reason I find the smell comforting, not nauseating....

Surely SOME of you don't mind the smell, and will try this next time you are having a coughing fit, and if, by chance, it actually WORKS, let me know....

~ jan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena