Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A little Christmas info from Heavensville...

Thanks to Stephani's Serendipity for the idea to do this. I snagged her theme, filled in my own info...

Favorite winter beverage? Hands down, has to be the Starbucks experience. No drive-thru for this girl, have to sit in their comfy chairs, listen to the jazz, chat up my girlfriends... such fun...

Favorite Christmas candy? Has to be those darned peppermint softies, that I FINALLY found at CVS, thanks to V... I do love peanut butter fudge, too, ohhhhh and as a child Mother made the BEST divinity with black walnuts.

Favorite candy cane flavor? I'm a traditional girl, has to be red and white striped.

Favorite Christmas cookie? Favorite cookie ANYTIME is Oatmeal, soft chewy ones with lots of pecans and raisins, even at Christmas. Our family's Aunt Ruby Walsh's Mexican Wedding Cookies are a close second. Our family loves my sugar cookies, too.

Favorite Christmas song? I'm a huge fan of Baby It's Cold Outside - fave album this year is James Taylor at Christmas - oh, he is sooooooo smooth....

Favorite Christmas movie? Holiday Inn, I've loved it for years. Of course, you already know that National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is a tradition at our house, but Holiday Inn is hands down favorite.

Favorite Christmas colors? Can't beat red and green. Love the golds and the silvers, burgundy, too. But red and green are such happy colors.

Actual color scheme of YOUR decor? Gold and burgundy, go figure...

Favorite Christmas tradition? Cooking with our old family recipes. And we ALWAYS argue about opening gifts early, but we never do. Just wouldn't be right.

What is your tree topper? It's an old world Santa.

How are your outdoor Christmas lights displayed? Just little gold twinkle lights on a tree at our front door, surrounded by snowmen sitting on my concrete bench.

Inquiring minds want to know ... small bulbs? OR large bulbs? I have small lights - my favorites are bubble lights though, and the old fashioned big multi-colored ones.

Favorite holiday icon collection?? Snowmen, Snowmen, and more Snowmen. I love them, give them to my Dillys, too.

What is YOUR Holiday budget? Budget? I always kinda have one, I always blow it. It's Christmas, people...

So the real question is what kind of tree do you have? Is it real or fake? prelit? Green or flocked? Most years I have two, one in the living room, and one in the family room one decorated with the boys sock monkeys that mother made when they were children and their teddy bears, and all of our favorite ornaments throughout the years, but I didn't put it up this year, just a blingy one in the living room. It's fake, it's green, and it's loaded with stuff... and unfortunately it's NOT prelit...

What do you consider the very best gifts are? homemade? or store bought? I love homemade ones, they are so special, but I'm always behind, so I buy. This year, a lot of it online, and in the future, maybe all of it online. So easy...

Which is better in your opinion? surprises galore? OR being a sneaky peeker? SURPRISES GALORE! I HATE TO PEAK, NEVER DO...

1 comments:

  1. Oh! Thank you so much. I am just over the moon that you did this and that you mentioned me on your blog. I love love love your blog I look at it almost everyday and I enjoy it with all my heart. Oh thank you! I hope you have a very very Merry Christmas's and a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena